Grant funds will be used for a series of assessments, consultation, and training provided by Keshet.
This training will support long-term and sustainable organizational change for LGBTQ belonging among clients, staff, and leadership at JCS. This training with Keshet will equip JCS with the skills and knowledge needed to build a welcoming space for LGBTQ individuals and their families within the Jewish community through support, education and advocacy. For more than 20 years, Keshet has been a leading expert on LGBTQ equality and belonging in Jewish life. They strive to offer realistic and sustainable next steps towards building LGBTQ-affirming communities. Through training and consultation, Keshet supports and provide resources to help organizations make meaningful institutional change. JCS is looking forward to partnering with Keshet to bring this important training to our staff to better serve our clients.
The training will commence with an agreement between JCS, and Keshet. We anticipate that the training will begin within 60-90 days of the grant being awarded. A rough timeline for the training is as follows:
- Kickoff meeting
- JCS Baltimore completes and returns Institutional Self-Assessment to Keshet
- Review and recommendations based on assessment: at least two weeks after it is returned to Keshet
- Training: 2-hour session for leadership and/or managers on creating an LGBTQ-affirming workplace.
- Training: 2-hour session for client-facing positions on best practices in serving LGBTQ clients (non-clinical).
- Keshet provides resources for further learning.